BAFTA has announced the winners of the British Academy Television Craft Awards, celebrating the very best behind-the-scenes television talent of 2021. The ceremony was hosted by Mel Giedroyc, and featured guest presenters including; Ade Adepitan, Aisling Bea, Mary Beard, Olivia Colman, Natalie Emmanuel, Prasanna Puwanarajah, Tony Robinson and Harry Trevaldwyn.
Landscapers, the drama mini-series inspired by the story of a couple whose crime of killing her parents remained undiscovered for over a decade, was successful in three categories: Arthur Sharpe for Original Music; Erik Wilson for Photography & Lighting: Fiction; and Cristina Casali, Robert Wischhusen-Hayes, Fabrice Spelta for Production Design.
First-time BAFTA winners included: Paul Dugdale, Director: Multi-Camera for Glastonbury Festival: Live at Worthy Farm; James Incledon, Photography Factual for Liverpool Narcos; and Danny Collins and Mark Hammill, Editing Factual for 9/11: Inside the Presidents War Room.
PHOTOGRAPHY & LIGHTING: FICTION Sponsored by ScreenSkills High-end Television Skills Fund
- WINNER – ERIK WILSON Landscapers – SISTER, South of The River Pictures/Sky Atlantic
- JAMES FRIEND Your Honor – Moonshot Entertainment, King Size Productions, CBS Studios/Sky Atlantic
- MARK WOLF Time – BBC Studios/BBC One
- OLI RUSSELL Sex Education – Eleven Film/Netflix
PHOTOGRAPHY: FACTUAL sponsored by The Farm
- DOUG ANDERSON, ALEX VAIL Tiny World (Reef)- Plimsoll Productions/Apple TV+
- WINNER – JAMES INCLEDON Liverpool Narcos – Blast! Films/Sky Documentaries
- JOHN SHIER, DAWSON DUNNING Earth at Night in Colour – Offspring Films/Apple TV+
- PHIL GRABSKY, SHOAIB SHARIFI My Childhood, My Country – 20 Years in Afghanistan – Seventh Art Productions/ITV