British LED lighting manufacturer, Rotolight, has revealed its highly anticipated native iOS & Android application for the award-winning AEOS 2 and NEO 3 RGBWW LED lights, delivering ultimate control and market-leading functionality for the Rotolight user community.
With the all-new Rotolight app for NEO 3 & AEOS 2, available on smartphones and tablets, easily adjust kelvin, brightness, HSI, Gels, flash settings & SFX, on up to 20 lights. Featuring a virtual replica of the award-winning touchscreen found on the back of the latest generation Rotolights, the app offers familiarity and ease of use for existing customers. With real-time two-way communication between the app and the lights, all changes are instantly updated with zero latency, so you’re always in control.
Featuring a brand new virtual colour wheel, choose from an endless colour palette including 16.7million colours and 2,500 of your favourite filters. Create custom presets, effortlessly access key features and recall your favourite settings, right from the palm of your hand. Along with many new features, a new green/magenta feature has also been added for NEO 3 and AEOS 2 users in a supporting firmware 2.0 release, which is available now.
Andy Kruczek: Professional Photo Magazine, Said: “The Rotolight app makes using the lights a breeze, it’s easy to use, efficient, and elegant. It’s been a perfect accompaniment to the rest of the system, it’s invaluable.”
Controlling your light when mounted inside modifiers has never been easier with the new Rotolight app. Revolutionise your workflow and save time on set and in the studio with real-time adjustments from up to 200ft. This makes the app the perfect accompaniment to the new range of Rotolight modifiers, enabling wireless adjustment of Rotolight’s world’s first electronic “SmartSoft” Box, as well as providing ease of use with the new R90 and R120 parabolic softboxes.
Rod Aaron Gammons, CEO, Rotolight, said: “We’re delighted to unveil our brand new Rotolight app, which when paired with our award-winning product range, enables us to deliver a world-class user experience that enhances the creative possibilities, and simplifies the workflows of imagemakers around the globe. With a focus on continued innovation and improvement via complimentary regular firmware updates and app enhancements, Rotolight continues to demonstrate its commitment to its existing user base. We’re very excited for the Rotolight community to get hands-on with the new app.”
The app is available to download now, free of charge, from the Apple and Android stores. To update your firmware on your Rotolight to enable app compatibility, visit rotolight.com/support
See the app in action – Tap the image below to view Rotolight’s introduction film.
- Real-time two-way adjustment between your Rotolight and app
- Adjust brightness and Kelvin settings from 3000-10,000K
- Easily store and recall custom lighting presets
- Select from an endless colour palette of 16.7 million colours, complete with a colour wheel and saturation control
- Adjust flash settings including power, group, modelling light, and flash duration, along with Kelvin, HSI and gel flash settings
- Customise and remote trigger Rotolight’s award-winning suite of cinematic lighting effects
- Select from 2500 classic lighting gels to enhance your creative possibilities
- Choose between daylight (D56) or tungsten (D32) or emulations of each filter or select from hundreds of real-world sampled light sources in ‘source match’ mode
- Instantly switch between continuous mode and flash mode from up to 200ft
- Wirelessly control diffusion from the ground-breaking Rotolight SmartSoft Box (sold separately)
Further app updates will follow over the coming months, with Rotolight announcing development for backwards compatibility for older generation lights in a Q4’22 update (ie NEO 2, AEOS 1, Anova PRO 2, Titan series).
Whilst these older lights do not contain the wifi/Bluetooth chip found in NEO3/ AEOS2, the latest generation products will act as a “wireless bridge”, and retransmit the app data via the Skyport flash receiver, which is found in older generation lights, a further demonstration of Rotolight’s commitment to its existing user base.
Additional group controls and further app functionality will follow in interim updates over the coming months, incorporating user feedback requests.