Matthews Studio Equipment, Inc. announces a new piece of hardware designed to safely mount Astera Titan and Helios as well as T12 tube lights using the industry standard 5/8” baby pin. The Claw offers compatibility with any common rigging that has a female 5/8” baby receiver, allowing users to place tube lights in a number of different places and configurations with ease. Unlike other mounting hardware where the pin mounts at a right angle to the tube, The Claw’s pin mounts off the back of the tube, giving it the lowest profile of any clamp on the market. The Claw’s threaded pin is activated by rotating the winged handle, clamping its 4 fingers more than 180-degrees around the tube for a safe and secure hold.
- Four ‘fingers’ with textured rubber to grip tubes and avoid surface damage.
- Lightweight material in black finish allows mounting hardware to disappear into the shot.
- Low-profile 5/8” pin mounts directly off the back of the tube.
- Internal magnets keep claw fingers in an open position when mounting the tube.
- Safety hole on baby pin allows mounted units to be secured.
- Knurled 5/8” baby pin ensures whatever is being mounted stays put.
- Tapped female ¼”-20 receiver included on 5/8” pin
- Lightweight aluminum with black anondize coating
- Weight: 7.5 oz.
- Dimensions: 3” x 6.75”, 1.5” depth
The Claw is made to interface with VeeBoxx, a new softbox enclosure for 4′ Astera Titan tubes.