Filmmaker U (www.filmmakeru.com), the online education series that brings renowned industry figures to aspiring filmmakers, has announced that acclaimed director/editor Sam Pollard will teach a course in documentary film editing.
Oscar-nominated and multiple Emmy-winning documentary director/editor Sam Pollard (Four Little Girls, When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts, Sammy Davis Jr.: I’ve Gotta Be Me), will take students into the edit suite for a journey through his career, techniques, relationships and decision making process from his storied work. His collaboration with director Spike Lee and his recent ventures as a director; will give students an insightful look into non-fiction storytelling. Topics include structure, directors and editors shaping a film pacing, mood, tone and texture, editing audio, editing, and much more.
“Samuel Pollard is a master filmmaker,” Spike Lee said, with finality. “If you say he’s just an editor or just a director, that’s not the whole story.” – New York Times
‘Learn Documentary Editing’ with Oscar-nominated and Emmy-winner Sam Pollard Course costs $99 each and includes:
- 34 video lessons in each course (approximately 4 hours)
- Exclusive audio and video content in the Appendix section
- Additional videos of industry standards and practices
- PDF’s of industry standards and practices
- Glossary of industry terms
- Unlimited access to the class for multiple viewings
- Accessible from any device
Sign up now at —- https://www.filmmakeru.com/sam-pollard