The Colorist Society’s popular Virtual Colourist Mixer is making a comeback. For those unable to attend NAB Show in Las Vegas (and those who did), the Virtual Colourist Mixer is an opportunity learn about the latest colour grading technology, discover new techniques from industry experts, win prizes and hang out with friends and colleagues from around the globe.
The Virtual Colourist Mixer will be held on April 30th, beginning with an informal chat hour at 9:00 a.m. Vegas time (PDT – UTC-7), followed by sessions from 10am-4pm. Expert presenters will cover colour grading techniques, industry careers, monitor displays, show looks, technology and news from the NAB show floor.
The event will also include The Big Interview, a conversation between industry titans Sheri Eisenberg and Doug Delaney, and climax with The Big Quiz and a Mixing Hour, a chance to socialise in breakout rooms. Tickets cost $10. Show sponsors include Dell, Dolby, EIZO, Film Convert, fxphd, LG, Lowepost, Maxon, and Ravengrade.
Colorist Society held its first Colourist Mixer in 2013 for professionals around the world connected to the colour grading industry. It provided a unique opportunity to meet, network and discuss work in a relaxed environment. Colourists were able to catch-up with old friends and make new acquaintances. It was also a chance for direct communication between manufacturers and users.
When the pandemic made it impossible for CSI to host its annual in-person Mixer in 2020, the organisation staged its first virtual event that December. It proved such a huge success that CSI followed it with four more Virtual Mixers in 2021.
“While COVID-19 means we still must meet virtually, this format offers great advantages,” said CSI president Kevin Shaw. “The lack of travel or hotel expenses or limitations on space means the Mixer is now available to everybody.”
Tickets are still available, although places are limited: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/virtually-vegas-colorist-mixer-22-by-csi-icolorist-ica-tickets-319538978687
- WARM UP HOUR: Socialising, Best Color Cocktail Challenge
- FAST TIPS & TRICKS: Blake Jones, Warren Eagles, Kevin Shaw, Maximus Raharjo, Jeff Greenberg, Juan Cabrera. Sponsored by Maxon.
- TECHNOLOGY OF TOMORROW: Sponsored by Dell.
- COOL SHOW LOOKS: Lynette Duensing, Dado Valentic. Sponsored by Dolby.
- NOVEDADES DE LA NAB (en español): Diego Yhama, Javier Guevara, Esther Rivas
- THE FUTURE OF COLORISTS: Colorist Society Hollywood. Sponsored by Lowepost and Ravengrade.
- MIXING HOUR: Socialising, breakout rooms (including Spanish-language rooms), Best Color Cocktail Challenge. Sponsored by Adobe.
- WHAT MONITOR SHOULD I BUY? Zeb Chadfield, Gino Amadori, Warren Eagles and Kevin Shaw. Sponsored by LG.
- NAB REPORT: Darren Mostyn, Diego Yhama and Jeff Greenberg. Sponsored by EIZO
- THE BIG INTERVIEW: Sheri Eisenberg and Doug Delaney. Sponsored by FilmConvert.
- THE BIG QUIZ. Win big prizes. Sponsored by fxphd.
- MIXING HOUR: Socialising, breakout rooms (including Spanish-language rooms)
PLEASE NOTE: this event will be recorded. By joining you are consenting to be recorded.
Colorist Mixer is a Colorist Society International (CSI) event. CSI is primarily funding this event, with support from sponsors. CSI is a not-for-profit organisation set up for the benefit of the colourist community. Membership is open to professional colourists, editor/colourists, DITs, telecine operators, colour timers, finishers, restoration artists, and colour scientists. Find out more at ColoristSociety.com .
Contact us: For all Colourist Mixer-related inquiries, please contact [email protected]