The Optimo Ultra Compact lenses replace the famous academy awarded Optimo 15-40 and 28-76 lenses which have been the faithful companions of Directors of Photography for more than 15 years. Thanks to an innovative lens modular design (Interchangeable Rear Optics IRO technology™), both lenses allow the rear lens group to be exchanged between FF/VistaVision format (46.3mm image circle coverage) and U35mm (34.6mm image circle coverage).
This new generation of high-end lenses is fully designed for the FF/VV format. Lightweight and compact, these lenses are among the lightest on the market. Thought for users, these lenses are the perfect addition to the Angénieux high-end Full Frame collection which already included the Optimo Ultra 12X and the Optimo Prime Series.
The Optimo Ultra Compact lenses will seduce by their ergonomics, their Optimo optical quality including the Angénieux look and their high-precision mechanics.
New Optical design
- Completely new optical design to enable Full Frame Coverage
- Superb image quality from T2,9 (in FF/VV) open aperture
- Well controlled optical performances at each focal length and focus distance by having a good balance between contrast and resolution.
- Appealing cinematic look.
- Perfect homogeneity of color, contrast and resolution. Low distortion.
- No ramping, minimal breathing, very fast for 2.7x zoom ratios
- Close focus of 2ft / 0.6m enables extreme close-up shots
- Internal focus, internal zoom, constant lens volume
New mechanical design
- Completely newly designed mechanics vs. Optimo 15-40 & 28-76
- Compact (235mm) and very lightweight (2,6kg / 6lbs)
- Precise and rugged travelling of the zoom and focus groups using Angenieux classic rod mechanical guiding system
- Precise and ergonomic focus ring with scale rotation of 310°, user-optimized marking design
- User changeable focus marking rings (focusing scales available in feet or metric)
- Adapted to extreme shooting environments (passive athermalization from -20°C to +45°C)
- Available in PL mount
- Front protective glass (as an accessory)
- Can be used with with ARRI FF4 & FF5 Follow-Focus, please use ARRI FF Gear 0.8 Module, 43 Tooth, 45mm K2.0020752
- Zoom and Focus gear drive 126 teeth, pitch 32
Multiple Image Format
- IRO Technology
- Two versions: Optimo Ultra Compact FF/VV + U35 Only and Optimo Ultra Compact Full Pack (FF + U35)
- Cooke Metadata: External connector for metadata transfer to an external drive or a display unit